- The Hut Customer Card account, card, key fobs, coupons, vouchers and points, in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of The Hut which may, at any time, terminate the scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme.
- All members of the scheme must be resident in the UK and aged 18 years or over.
- Members are only entitled to one account each. The Hut reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
- Members must register their personal details and keep The Hut informed of any changes. The Hut cannot be held responsible for any loss of points or vouchers incurred as a result of out of date details. New accounts that are not registered within two years of first being used and accounts with out of date details that have not been updated for two years will be removed and any points or vouchers forfeited.
- The Hut Customer card, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card. The Hut Customer key fobs may be used by anyone who is resident at the same registered address.
- The Hut Customer Cards, key fobs, coupons and vouchers remain the responsibility of the Customer Card member, as do any security details relating to the account. The Hut cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of these items.
The Hut may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Customer Card accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons, vouchers and points, in whatever form, and / or remove a member from the scheme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
- any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme;
- any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and / or those relating to the optional elements of the scheme;
- any behaviour relating to Customer Card or the The Hut that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
- Customer cards and key fobs can only be used for purchases from The Hut and promotional partners who are part of the scheme.
- The scheme is only for personal and consumer use. Customer cards and key fobs cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
- Customer Card accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons, points and vouchers cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
- Two members who live at and have accounts registered at the same address may join their accounts together. When either member provides or updates information relating to the joint account they must have the consent of the other member to do so and for us to use this information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the scheme. The Hut cannot be held responsible for any loss to either account member as a result of the other account member providing or updating information relating to the joint account. Joint accounts may be split into single accounts by either member and any points accrued will be divided based on the Clubcard card or key fobs with which they were originally earned. Tesco will take no responsibility for the allocation of vouchers that have already been issued.
- Members may be able to express a preference for their statement, and where we have their consent other The Hut mailings, to be sent to their registered e-mail address or mobile phone number. We will endeavour to respect this preference but reserve the right to send these to the member's registered postal address without prior notification to the member. This may be necessary for business or policy reasons or where there are problems with the registered email address or mobile phone number provided by the member.
- Members can choose to leave the scheme at any time. By leaving the scheme members forfeit the right to any points or vouchers already accrued or issued.
- Members who do not collect any points for two years will be removed from the scheme and will need to reapply for new membership should they wish to rejoin.
- Members may inherit the points or vouchers of a family member who has died by providing a written request informing us of the membership details of the deceased. Contact Us
- Members must present their Customer Card or key fob at the checkout in order to collect points for a transaction in store.
- Members will be required to quote their Customer Card number to collect points on purchases made through any catalogue, phone, partner or online transaction.
- Points collected on additional cards or key fobs linked to the main Customer Card member's account will be credited to that account.
- To be awarded points, members must spend above a certain amount on qualifying products in a single transaction. The amount of points awarded may change and will vary depending on the products bought, the amount spent and where the transaction takes place.
- Where points can be collected with partners further terms and conditions may apply.
- Points will not be awarded for non-qualifying products, including tobacco or tobacco related products, lottery, stamps, saving stamps, in store concessions, Paypoint payments. Other products may also be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of The Hut.
- Members can earn a maximum of 30,000 points in any one collection period.
- The Hut may set a limit on the number of times points may be awarded for promotional items on which additional points are available. Individual promotions may have different limits as communicated in their purchase conditions. Any participation in promotional offers above and beyond what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be considered as abuse of the scheme.
- The Hut is entitled to remove points at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
- Points awarded at the time of the transaction or vouchers already issued may be removed or cancelled if The Hut determines that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error. For the avoidance of doubt, any advice or actions of our staff that is contrary to these terms and conditions will not have the effect of changing these terms and conditions.
- Points have no value until converted into vouchers at the end of the collection period. The current conversion value of points is one point equals one penny.
- The Hut is under no obligation to award Customer Card points for any reason outside of qualifying transactions.
- Customer Card vouchers will be given with a statement to members who have accumulated a combined total above the qualifying threshold by the end of each collection period. The current qualifying threshold is 200 points.
- Collection periods may vary.
- Points that cannot be converted into Customer Card vouchers because they are below the qualifying threshold or points that remain following conversion will be 'carried forward' as the starting balance(s) for the next collection period. 'Carried forward' points will expire after two years if the account has not been used within this period.
- Customer Card vouchers are valid for two years from date of issue and are accompanied by an expiry date, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Vouchers that are lost or mislaid may be reissued with the original expiry date, providing they have not previously been redeemed. Additional terms and conditions may be found on the back of the vouchers.
- Vouchers can be used once at their face value, in store.
- Vouchers are the property of The Hut and have no cash value. They are not for resale / publication and valid in the UK only. Defaced / copied vouchers will not be accepted. Valid for use only by the recipient, age restrictions apply. Excludes tobacco, lottery and packs.
- The promoter of The Hut Customer Cards is The Hut, 32-34 Wood Street, HD1 1DU, Huddersfield
- These terms and conditions replace all previous versions, are correct as of January 2014 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. The Hut reserves the right to change these, at any time, on reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the scheme following such a change will be considered to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Due to printing lead times, the terms and conditions in store may not reflect the most recent changes. These are the most up to date terms and conditions.
- Where indicated, further information can be found online on our Terms and Conditions page or by calling 01484313172, Monday to Friday: 9am to 8pm and Saturday: 9am to 5pm.
Updated on 2018-12-05T21:18:08+00:00, by .